We are excited for Friends Youth United 2021 on July 26th-30th at Camp Muskingum in Carrollton, OH. I just wanted to give you some extra information that will help you better prepare for what will be an amazing week!
- We do have a website www.friendsyouthunited.com that has everything you need to know for camp. There is a resources tab that has brochures, posters, liability forms and more. EVERYONE including leaders will be required to bring a liability form to camp for each participant.
- Your total balance is due upon arrival. The only other thing we need beforehand by July 1st is all the names of those who are coming separated by sexes and also t-shirt sizes. If you are not sure by then it’s ok just send us your guesstimate on sizes please. These can be emailed to my assistant Shanna email@example.com
- Registration will be Monday July 26th from 1-4 p.m. at Camp Muskingum in the main building. When you arrive you will receive a leaders packet, t-shirts for your group and also a form to fill out regarding our Olympic games we will be playing throughout the week. Nametags and lanyards will be given out Monday night during the opening ceremonies
- There will be a leaders meeting at 6 p.m. on Monday evening before the first session after dinner in the main building (upstairs)
- This year we will be celebrating TACO TUESDAY in style. We have a Taco Truck coming to serve tacos and nachos to our campers. Encourage students to bring some extra money if they want to buy any other food items at the truck. FYU is covering 3 specialty tacos each or loaded nachos
- Spending Money- We will have a snack shack available all week in the main building that will have drinks, candy, chips, snow cones and so much more. We will also be selling some t-shirts and pizza later in the evenings by the slice.
- WE NEED LIFEGUARDS- If you have any campers who are certified and would be willing to take a 3 hour shift at camp they would get $25 each afternoon off of their FYU fee. Please email me if you know of someone.
- We will have camp nurse on property all week to help with medicine, bumps, bruises or any other medical needs along the way.
- On Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon there will be an opportunity for campers to participate in either a High Ropes course ($20 each) or Laser Tag ($15 each). This is completely optional for anyone wanting to do it.
- On Thursday afternoon we will be doing COLOR WARS! Please make sure that each person coming from your group packs an old white t-shirt they can destroy. We are also encouraging everyone to wear swimsuits under clothes so they can directly run and wash off in the lake.
- Every evening we will be having a bonfire that is open for anyone to enjoy. I would like to ask each group to bring a couple of boxes of graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate to contribute. We would also like to ask that each group donate 2 or more packs of water to have throughout the week.
- In the evenings and throughout the week there will be some free time for cards, board games, corn hole, tennis, volleyball, basketball ping pong, fishing etc. If you have any games or sports equipment that you can bring that would be greatly appreciated. Make sure you properly mark it so it can be returned. If any students want to fish they need to bring their own gear.
- On Friday we will be done around noon and lunch is NOT provided. In Carrollton (10 min from the camp) there are plenty of options for your group as you leave to go home such as fast food, Mexican restaurants or even BBQ.
I believe that is it for now. If you have any questions or concerns please email me or call 704-773-8315. I’m honored to serve each of you and your students this Summer.
Damascus Friends Church